Sunday, May 03, 2009

Plethora of a Cornucopia of Random Photos!

Ok, here is a plethora of photos I have been meaning to get up! Some are old some are new!
If you have been around us, or reading our blog for a while you know we make our own Easter egg dyes using plants. This year we did carrot tops, red cabbage, and turmeric. Here are our pretty eggs!
After dyeing eggs I thought hey why not try these dyes out on a couple new baby shirts I bought! So here they are soaking, I let them soak for a couple days.

After washing them this is how they came out. We'll see how they hold their color once they are cycled into the regular wash, but they are pretty for now! :)


We were at a friends house the other day on egg hatching day! We were then back a few days later and the kids all got to hold a bird. Here is pirate Jake holding a duck!

Sweet Fern holding a chick!

And Riley with a chick too! Riley has always loved all things farm, so he was very happy to be with the animals!

My mommy pot has not seen an empty day yet! The kids are quite on top of keeping me well supplied! :)

Fern got super lucky and scored a new (to her) purple bike! Mom and dad scored by finding a free bike! :) It needs a little cleaning up and Dan is planning to take the peddles off (like a Swedish kids bike) and then Fern will be cruising! :)

Riley learns lots of fun things from friends like burning leaves (and other somewhat inappropriate things) with a magnifying glass. This completely absorbed him for a couple days, luckily two VERY hot days!

I got to snap this photo of Riley at play group a couple weeks ago when we went for a picnic. Riley is becoming a harder subject so I am always happy to get a good shot of him. Now if I could get a couple of Jake, but he is just too fast for me these days!!!
Well there you are for random photos!

11 comments:

  1. Love that you said a plethora and cornucopia ... that takes me back! Also I made Mama Susies chicken marinade tonight for dinner and it reminded me of BBQa at your house on Manzanita. The good old days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot! Tell her hi for me! :) She can come for a barbecue anytime! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay i have to ask: why do kids in Sweden take the pedals off of their bikes?? do they only have down hill streets in Sweden or something??

    ReplyDelete
  4. To learn balance and stearing before trying to peddle too! :) Silly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pics are great - it was good to see Dan on Sunday in C4 take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Karen, I was quite jelous, but glad he got to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love you mom oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love you mom oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be Riley hijacking my blogger name! :) I Love you too Riley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Riley looks a lot like you in these pictures - what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete