Can I just say what a blessing it is to have a handy husband! And a money saver!

I talked Dan into bringing this dresser home from the side of the road a while ago. It was horrible looking but we needed a dresser and free fit my budget. So Dan finally caught my vision (or got tired of me asking), and refinished and built a new top for the dresser! Then the other night while I was out having dinner with some friends he and the kids got it upstairs and in Fern's room. Half is for Fern and half is for the new babe! Fancy hu!!
~
Then Dan thought he would do a couple other honey-do list items that required him to go in the attic.
~

And then he thought we needed a new exit from the attic into the living room. Yes this is a "Dan sized hole" in my ceiling right at the top of the stairs/ in front of the kitchen doorway. At this end of the attic there is no plywood, so he was walking on the beams, but unfortunately he lost his footing and came all the way through landing in the living room. The boys were in the bath and oblivious, but Fern was helping dad (aka: standing on the latter up to the attic) and when Dan fell yelping Fern stuck her head up to see what was wrong, and then could not figure out where Dad had gone! She was quite surprised and confused to find him in the living room! Dan is ok, bruised, and scraped up mostly. And being that this happened Saturday night it was announced three times over throughout church, including to the whole primary. :) So we have all had a few good laughs, even Dan! Dan got the supplies to fix it today and if all goes smoothly and he does not get called to fly then maybe it will be patched before I have company on Saturday! :) And so I am thankful for a handy husband who can fix such things. But I am also hoping to not come home to such excitement again! :)
Life is NEVER dull!
TOO funny! I LOVE the dresser!
ReplyDeleteLove you
Mom
you've got to laugh! especially because he wasn't hurt very bad. if he was hurt & we had reason to be worried, then laughing isn't okay: but otherwise, its hilarious. :)
ReplyDeleteps: i love the dresser too! its so cute!
The dresser is so cute. And that that Dan sized hole is pretty good too. =)
ReplyDeleteThat dresser is great! Love, Lisa
ReplyDeleteWow, not the kind of excitement that I want in my house! The dresser turned out great.
ReplyDeleteThat is way funny! Glad you survived! Jamie Shipley - logged in as Anita
ReplyDelete