Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Planting Day!

Well last night seems to be the last frost warning, so after uncovering the berry bushes and plants we all headed to the side yard to get to work! Here is our before, we do many of our plants from seed but there are just a few I do not mess with so Dan picked up our lovely organic seedlings yesterday! Our seeds we bought from Seeds of Change a bit ago as I mapped out this years treasure!
We had the cutest gardener this year, she planted quite a bit. This was the first year she was interested and so it is fun to know we all had our hands in the garden this year!

Look at my four sweet gardeners!! I did the pepper, and tomato seedlings and then retired to my throne over there and gave direction! :)


Hake was so happy to water all the seedlings for us, but then it was SO warm we had to make a little tent for the peppers as they were getting a little over heated. I felt their pain.

So here we are all planted (except a few second crop seeds we'll add in a few weeks). Our growing season is so short compared to what I am use to so it has been an adjustment!! :)
~
More later but I have yoga tonight and should get ready!
~
Oh and I took some belly photos today, more of the artsy fartsy than Dan takes so there is one of them for my profile! :)





3 comments:

  1. Fun! I am so excited to start planting my garden. Brian just got internet set up at our new place. He e-mailed me all excited to tell me how I'm gong to love it there. His boss was there and helped him identify the trees on the property. We have tangelos ripe for the picking, gooseberries, apples, figs, grapes, apricots, walnuts and mulberries. His boss is a farmer so he know these things. =)

    Brian's plan is to do a staggered planting so that we have an ongoing crop. We'll see how that goes. Our growing season should be a bit longer than back east.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea your growing season should be MUCH longer, we are lucky to get a second crop in of a very few plants and that only if we overlap a bit!
    And what a gold mine to have all those fruit trees! They are harder to come by back here, but lost of berry bushes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. I love that belly shot. You look gorgeous in it! Make it bigger, it's so small! This post makes me remember to water my own garden! Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete