Well Fern needed a little sewing love too, so I sat down and whipped up a couple really easy things for her!
She got a couple new dish cloth bibs, these are great and I make then for others pretty often but our supply was looking rather sad (and boyish) so we girly-ed it up a bit with these two! :)
Then I finally got around to using THIS pattern I found free online to make this too cute skirt!! Seriously it took maybe 30 min. with three kids wondering through and "helping"! :)
Could she be any cuter!! :)
There will be many more of these, if I get to the fabric store! :) It only took 1/2 of a yard to make, plus pretty ribbon!
~
Wow post three days in a row, the sky must be falling! :)
There will be many more of these, if I get to the fabric store! :) It only took 1/2 of a yard to make, plus pretty ribbon!
~
Wow post three days in a row, the sky must be falling! :)
CUTE! Last weekend that skirt was just a folded piece of cool fabric. Fern looks like Holly Hobbie :) Where is she in this picture? Love, Lisa
ReplyDeleteIt is just out front on the sidewalk up to the front stairs! Today she is wearing the skirt again so I am thinking I better get to making more, or get use to her wearing the same thing all summer! :)
ReplyDeleteFern is so cute in her new skirt.
ReplyDeleteThe fabric for her skirt is so cute. And Fern looks adorable in it. I am going to have to try my hand at some of those Oliver + S patterns. You are not the first person I have seen to use them. Now that I actually have a sewing machine, I ought to learn how put it to work. And being that I have three girls, some cute skirts would be a welcome thing!
ReplyDeleteYes ALL of the Oliver + S patterns are too cute, although expensive. But that is the beautie of the FREE pattern! But it is nice how they have patterns for beginners on up and state it on the pattern. You'll have to let me know if you do make some skirts, I'd love to see them! :)
ReplyDeleteI Love the skirt!
ReplyDeleteMom