Ok, so Danna has quite a few things on her to do list and plenty of things that should be done. Surely anyone would think, well she had housework to do, or things to get ready for school, or even she is probably making lunch for her children. But no she has been carried away making doll clothes.
Because I have nothing else to do! :)
Here is Fern's doll that I made her for her first birthday, it had one dress Aunt Mary made her and one nightgown Grandma made her. But the poor girl froze all winter because she was wearing a summer dress and it bothered me to no end! Yes I am a freak! So I made the white dress I have been planning to make her that then I could just make skirts (which is more in my range of skill) to go over. Fern wanted her to have a pioneer outfit like hers so here it is!
I did get a little crazy, because I enjoy hand work and after I hemmed the white dress I did a little blanket stitch around the bottom, cuffs, and neck line, and I added little lace to the skirt. :)
Fern ran to get her pioneer outfit and then I got this too cute photo before Fern took it all off again and threw her doll on the ground. Oh well, I guess I should go make lunch and do some of those lurking chores that are threatening to take over the house! :)
Too cute! I love the outfit! :)
ReplyDeleteGrandma
Cute!
ReplyDeleteADORABLE!!
ReplyDelete