Tuesday, August 12, 2008

EXCITEMENT!!

Well amazingly they actually did start paving our road today... at 6:30 am!!!!!!!! The kids LOVED watching the workers and the big trucks, it was even so exciting that Dan stopped working on the honda and came to watch too!
This is the paving machine.

And here is the roller, right after I snapped this shot the man parked, got out and did some hand work on the drainage grate just blocked by Dan in this picture. Dan is a very good narrator and the kids really enjoyed the show!

And P.S. we did not wash away, and we are still waiting for curbs and the rest of our driveway. And the honda is back up and stopping (brake job), but even after the new $60 part the van is still parked, now it needs a $50 part that takes at least 7 days to order. So I guess we will continue to throw our money at the van and order the part in a couple weeks, until then I still have my anti-deer fence! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's pretty cool stuff for kids to watch, I'll bet! Glad to know you haven't washed away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rider and I watched a back-hoe pull up a driveway when the boys were here, it made him quite happy! :)

    ReplyDelete