I know we spent a whole week on the beach, but do you really think that is enough for this Calif. girl, her indoctrinated husband, and three third generation Calif. babes!?! :) No way! So off we went to New Haven's Light House Point Beach!
This was right behind our blanket, the old carousel house. It was beautiful to sit on the beach listening to the waves and the faint music from the carousel. When we were leaving they were setting up for a wedding reception, how neat is that!
We parked ourselves right near the light house as there are not too many people and it was near the bathrooms (Fern is doing awesome on potty-training, but has to go pretty often)! Jake was happy to climb on the rocks, and Riley enjoyed looking for critters!
Fern was quite the daddy's girl while we were at the beach!
This side of the beach is not rocky, it's shelly! The beach is covered in shells and pieces of shells!
There were a lot of oyster shells, this one is fused onto the rocks but still opens a bit!
Here is the light house and my silly family, minus Riley! :)
The tide was quite far out so we could see tons of "green" rocks, made our pictures much more colorful! :)
Fern and Daddy cooling off! We got nearly three hours of sun (enough to turn me red) before the clouds and thunder rolled in, then the lifeguards called everyone out of the water.
These rocks and the little crabs proved to be lots of fun for my guys! For more beach pictures check out my nature blog, "Never be within doors, when you can rightly be without"! :)
Today I made this tote, from THIS tutorial out of fabric I picked out for my bedroom curtains back in Jr. High! :) At least I finally got to use it, this tote will be perfect for our next trip to the beach! I plan to make a few more of these, but with a little tweaking to the pattern. I'd love some of THIS fabric! :)
Such fun pictures! It looks like you had a great time; I wish I had been there. That IKEA fabric is definitely fun.
ReplyDeleteI wish you were here too Cherish!! :) Come visit!! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a nice time. I haven't been to that beach since High school. We had a cross country track meet their on some trails nearby. I like the bag you made. I love the fabric.
ReplyDeleteWell I only have about 5 yards left! ;) Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWe have only ever been to that beach, it would be nice to go to a regular type beach, where would you all go?
I have to admit I didn't visit the beaches in CT that much. You could try Milford or Madison. Hammanasatt (I don't know how to spell at all) is ok but about an hour drive. The reason why the beaches aren't that great in CT is because we are blocked by Long Island Sound but they are fun for the kids. If you wanted a road trip they have some nice beaches in Rhode Island and that would probably be around two hours depending on where you go. Or about four hours and you could be visiting us in Maine.
ReplyDelete