Thursday, August 21, 2008

:)

Look what I spied on my walk today!
Yesterday we took a trip to Hartford, both to go to Whole Foods and then across the street to the Children's Museum! :)
This is an Eastern Tree frog, none of my frog pictures came out very well. :(
Here is their Jungle Cat, they have many injured animals or confiscated illegal pets. Fern was quite surprised that this big cat was so similar to Petunia! :)
They have 3 injured owls there at the museum and I love to see them, there is this one who is always very alert. Always tracking us! Then they also have a small screech owl who is usually snoozing, and a REALLY old Great Horned owl who is mostly blind and has a constant head bob! :)
This is always one of our favorites, the stick bugs!
For some reason the kids were very interested in the rattle snakes this time. We watched them for a while and talked about them, they were surprisingly active!
Here is another attempt at a frog picture, look how he is so smooshed against the glass fast asleep! :)
Riley wanted to go to the excavation station so he and I went there, then just he and I went to the planetarium and saw a show called Oasis, it was about water in our solar system.

Fun fun! :)


5 comments:

  1. We have a tree totally red. I love fall but I'm not ready for it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, last night it got down to 50 degrees too, we had to put a blanket on the bed!!! And my tomatoes are still green, it can't be time for fall already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe fall is coming! I've noticed we have cooler breezes in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Danna! I was just cleaning out my scrapbook mountain (literally) and I found a STACK of photos from when we were serving in nursery. Email me your mailing address so I can send you all the cute shots I have of Jake and his cowboy blankie! :) pixiemegh (at) gmail (dot) com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danna !!

    Thanks for the vegan ranch recipe. The whole family has been enjoying it. Our garden is in it's last days and the only thing really left are the pumpkins and watermelon. We are hoping the pumpkins make it to Oct. They are pretty big. I'm with your friend Kathy, I'm not ready for Fall just yet.

    ReplyDelete