Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Money Well Spent!

For most of you it is no surprise that I really do not buy a whole lot of things other than food, TP & toothpaste, kids clothes, and books. But in the last two days I have made a couple splurges and they are so cool I thought you NEEDED to know about them! :) I have seen sandwich cutters before, but I have always just used cookie cutters. Then I saw this in a catalog and wanted it (Jake's my dino crazed kid), but I want a lot of things in catalogs and never buy them. Yesterday though, I was in walmart (YUKKKKKK!! But moneys tight and they have silk soy milk for really cheap!) and right there in the milk isle just to tempt moms, low and behold they had the sandwich cutter!! And it was only $1.79!!! So of course today we had dino sandwiches and I do have to say there is a lot less "left-over" vs. using cookie cutters, and as you can see it worked well with Dan's bread (I was afraid it might not, so many of the bread "gadgets" out there do not work well with homemade bread)!
And then today, I needed a couple things at Staple's (for the new school year) so we made the 30 min. trip over there. I took my well loved (aka:VERY falling apart) cookbook to see how expensive it would be to have it bound together again. It was $2.00!!!!! I am so excited, I should have done this a while ago!! And I should have taken my "Feeding the Whole Family" which is also falling apart, although the new edition is calling my name, but it is hard to justify the buy when I have one (minus the 60 NEW RECIPES)!!!!! :) But at least now I will know the Apple Jack Pancakes are in the breakfast section and not possibly in the soup section! YEA!!!
On my deer fence (aka: the money pit or hunk-o-junk) Dan went ahead and ordered the new hose, climbed under the van to change it this morning only to find that the rack and pin are spewing power steering fluid faster then you can put it in. But the good news is the hose is in fact not leaking so we can take it back and get our money back minus the $3 shipping. :) You ask where does that leave us? Well we can take it to a shop and throw more money at it, but for now I am continuing to drive my trusty steed! :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never before seen a sandwich cutter, well other than the pampered chef cut n' seal and that just does circles. That is really neat! Maybe sometime I'll cut Nathan's sandwiches into shapes and see how he reacts. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same dino sandwich cutter and use it on Hayley's sandwiches ... and she's 11!!! She thinks it's hilarious though. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess maybe I will get my money's worth then! Ha Ha!!

    ReplyDelete