Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day!

While in Utah the kids and I went to Cove Fort one afternoon and had a great time. I thought today was a great day to post these since it is Pioneer Day, one of my favorite holidays! :) Then the sister missionary was kind enough to take our picture all together!
After hearing some fun stories in the bunk house the Sister Missionary there taught us how to play a pioneer game, this is how Jake and Fern played it! :)

Riley did pretty good with it!

I, for some un-known reason was pretty good at this, Riley did not get the whole thing, but here is the end. The sandals worked against me but I was able to keep it going for a good while!

~

We have had to postpone our pioneer dinner, tonight is family night at camp. But we are planning on having Veggie and dumpling soup (think chicken and dumplings with no chicken), cold slaw, rice pudding, whole wheat applesauce spice cake, & lemonade! YUMMMM!! So hopefully we will have this tomorrow, but it is looking like we will have to cook inside vs. the fire outside as it has been raining to 2 days and it is looking like it is staying around. And now all of our fire wood is wet! :) Saturday is the Pioneer Day Primary activity for the stake, I hope to have some cute pictures of that for you!! :)

Happy Pioneer Day!

1 comment:

  1. I guess that I never got into the pioneer day thing. it must be the east coast thing.

    ReplyDelete