Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cake & Camp!

Thanks all for the birthday well wishes, we had my birthday dinner a day early on Thurs. because the family night got cancelled due to bad weather. So we had our Pioneer/Birthday dinner then! So here I am being serenaded by my favorite folk (this is one of Fern's new favorite songs so she was very happy to have everyone sing with her)!
So on Friday (the last day of camp) families where invited to come out in the afternoon and watch the fun! Here is Riley playing tug-o-war, they won this round against the other half of his den, but...
after this round it was the den against the moms, and we won! :)
Then we got to watch Riley at the archery range!
Just let go...
And got it on the blue!! Yea!!
Then to the be-be gun range, he got a bulls-eye! He earned both his archery, and his be-be shooting belt loops!
Here is the Den 6 flag!

We then got to have the "camp fire" and the dens performed skits, here is Riley's. They start out by saying, "who will go find fire wood" and a few walk off. Lets see if you can get the rest! :)

At flag ceremony Riley received his camp patch from Sir Lancelot (that is Merlin behind in the cloak)...
and was knighted by King Aurthr!
And that was camp! Riley had a blast and can not wait to go next year!! :)
Today we had our fun Pioneer Day activity and wait until you see our cuties, I'll post those soon!
Have a great Sabbath!

3 comments:

  1. Danna--are you sure there were enough candles on your birthday cake? :) I know as a person gets older it's easier to lie about age, but 14? Come on! :) j/k lol I hope you had a GREAT b-day! I'm impressed by all the fun things you do with your kids--they are so cute!
    -Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Danna! I forgot you share the same birthday with Ryder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday!!!! It was good to see Dan at our ward a few weeks ago. Hope you are enjoying your summer, but it sure does look like a great summer!

    ReplyDelete