Well can you guess what kind of bug I am taking a picture of in a bag AGAIN!?!?!?!?!?!
Yes, it is a tick! UGH!!! I found it in Jake's hair line on the back of his neck this afternoon. UGH!! And then I had to get it out! UGH!! It was HUGE, and GROSS!!!!!! UGH!! Anyway Jake was freaking out that it was sucking his blood and so I pulled it out but was not sure if I had gotten the head out. So we went to the Dr. and she checked and said I got everything except a little speck of an antenna or something. UGH!!!!
Jake wanted to take the tick home to show dad so the Dr. put it in a bottle of some sort of poison, then into a pee bottle, and then in a sealed bag. :) So here is Jake with his tick, yea he is smiling, he got a sponge bob sticker too. :) No worries though, it was ether a wood or a dog tick, not a deer tick who carries lyme disease.
Here is another look at it, it is really hard to photograph a tick (especially when it is double bottled)!!
And then there is Fern, this is what she was doing while I made dinner. She ran with me down the hill to the grocery store because I was out of carrots, on the way back she dosed off, I woke her up took her in the house set her on the stairs, took off her shoes and jacket and then I went up to the kitchen. When I came back she was curled up kneeling on one stair, her head on the next fast asleep!! Then when I went to tell the boys dinner was ready this is what I found, I do not know if she fell over or woke up bit and layed down. She was quite asleep and woke up quite grumpy, and is now at 9:30pm quite awake! I took matters into my own hands yesterday and gave her a haircut, too bad you can not see it well. Next time!
Yes, it is a tick! UGH!!! I found it in Jake's hair line on the back of his neck this afternoon. UGH!! And then I had to get it out! UGH!! It was HUGE, and GROSS!!!!!! UGH!! Anyway Jake was freaking out that it was sucking his blood and so I pulled it out but was not sure if I had gotten the head out. So we went to the Dr. and she checked and said I got everything except a little speck of an antenna or something. UGH!!!!What a day!!!
Wow, what an adventure. Jake doesn't look like he was worried AT ALL.
ReplyDeleteAnd Fern, ever the cutie!
I stopped making Kaylee take naps because she wasn't going to sleep at night. But sometimes she gets really tired and just zonks out wherever she is. If I let her sleep then I'm back to my original problem. If I wake her up, she gets very grumpy. Sometimes you just can't win.
I swear, kids can sleep anywhere!
ReplyDeleteFern is just too cute! i love all the pics!
ReplyDeleteJake was fine once he knew there was nothing "sucking his blood" anylonger. :)
ReplyDeleteYea Fern is on the same track as Kaylee, right there where they kind of need the nap, but it is bad when they do!! :)
Fern has been our first to sleep ANYWHERE, Jake, he's not too picky, but Riley! Forget it unless he is in his bed or other sutible arangement!!
Nice tick.
ReplyDeleteAs for Fern I can't get enough of her.