We are still enjoying the quite unseasonable warm weather!! Yesterday it was 80 degrees F. at it's peek, today we were out but when we cam home around 3:30pm it was 87!!!!! April in New England is not suppose to be like this, but I'll take it!!
Yesterday was so warm we pulled out the picnic table and had lunch outside! Riley decided he is too big to sit at the little table!! After this picture Fern went inside to "change pants", she came out with out any and happily wore her bathing suit cover up the rest of the day! :)
Here are our starts for the garden this year, the growing season is a bit shorter her than in Calif. and last year we did not plan ahead, this year we are hoping and praying for higher yields! Clock wise starting at the top, the ones not yet sprouted are celery, then mammoth sunflowers, the little bits are cantaloupe, and the big leaves are pumpkin! We are hoping to grow our own jack-o-lanterns, and have a few to share too!
I splurged on myself yesterday and bought violas! Aren't they pretty, I have two pots of them! :)
Since yesterday we spent nearly the whole day outside working in the yard, and since today was pay day (aka:shopping day) we headed up to Hartford to Whole Foods and then over to the Children's Museum! It is nice that they are across the street from each other, it makes the 4o min. drive well worth it!! :)
Fern's favorite is the 3 & under room, they have a great little kitchen! She was making us dinner!
She loved the little pot holders, just right for her hand. I think I will have to make her some!
I have a few more pictures but they will have to wait, I hurt my shoulder yesterday and I am going to use a little bit of my quiet time to lie down! Cherio!
Hmmm. I thought I already left a comment to this one.
ReplyDeleteYou've got some nice thick stems on some of those seedlings. That's always my problem - getting thick enough stems so that they will survive once moved outside.
You didn't tell me about your shoulder!!!!!!! What's up????
ReplyDeleteMom
You didn't tell me about your shoulder!!!!!!! What's up????
ReplyDeleteMom