Thursday, August 16, 2007

TRUCKS!!

So yesterday a friend called and asked if we wanted to get out, of course that is usually a good idea! So we went to their favorite place, The Trucking Museum! It is a great place for boys, and Fern enjoyed it too! Here are the four of us in front of the thermos truck!
And the 3 kiddos in front of my favorite, a cool VW truck! Even powder blue, our favorite VW color right mom! :)
Here is Jake in an antique fire truck, it was nice that there were a few they could get in! They also had a great little play area, books, play kitchen, cars, art stuff, lots of fun.
And Riley in a big rig that had one part cut out so you could really see in it, even the bed in back! Right around the corner they had a little area with tables so you could take a picnic, and they had cookies out for us!! Yummy!
Here are the kids with Tractor Mac. There is a local artist who writes a series of children's books all about Tractor Mac, so they had a display of his art on the wall and then a tractor like the one in his books, they even added eyes to make it look like the character!
Fern LOUDLY refused to leave her perch, maybe I could rent her out to a local farmer!

We also went to the Naugatuck farmers market yesterday on the town green, it was a bit smaller than I am use to (3 vendors), but I got local onions, peaches, and blueberries so it was worth the trip. We ate all the blueberries today for snack, and used an onion for dinner, stone soup again! :)


5 comments:

  1. Can I go and play on the trucks and tractors with all of you? I want to sit on the red tracktor also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! And I am happy that you guys got out! :)
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun!!! And the peaches sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete