Well we got a surprise last night, Dan got to fly home! He did not get in until midnight, but we all got to wake up to him this morning!! We are very thankful that it all worked out, we sure did not plan on it. So we get him for today and then he is gone again, but it is looking promising we'll see him for 2 days next week! :)
Dan came bearing gifts!! You all are probably thinking , Ziploc's are a gift? Well these are the Ziploc Veggie bags that they do not sell in the U. S. anymore. Dan's captain Torry bought them for me in Canada! I was down to about 3, I wash them but they do eventually die. Torry bought me 2 boxes, so I now have 30 bags!!!! Yippee!! Then Dan brought us the sweets, in Nebraska there is a store called Licorice International, mmmmm, I love licorice! So Dan brought me black Kookaburra licorice from Australia, and fish licorice from Germany for the kids. It may be just after breakfast but I have already tried mine and they are amazing!! I'll let the kids try theirs after lunch! :)
Here is Riley's new haircut, it is funny there are sections of his hair that are lighter and some darker, and so now he has this round section of light colored hair on the back of his head. It is easy to see with it so short. Riley has been all about trying to ride his bike, he does not petal yet, but he is at least steering so he has not run in to the rocks and fallen in the flower bed lately. His bike is a bit too small though so that makes it a bit harder, when he trys to petal his knees hit the handle bars if he is turning! :)
This is Jake's, "I don't want to show you my new haircut" face. He was trying to keep his eyes away. :) But look you can see his eyes now, no sheep dog named Jake lives here anymore!
Walla!! If you've visited us you know that this side of downstairs was covered in boxes, you could only see half of the windows! But here are the beautiful shelves Dan made for me, and my new table (we love the "as is" pile at Ikea)! All the boxes under the table are filled with fabric (I am a Jenson girl) and the boxes in the corner are pictures, and then the picture boxes on top of them are so I can organize them. We found them super cheap at Ocean State which is similar to Big Lots.
This is the shelf on the left. This is my school shelf, see how nice and high the scissors, glue, crayons and markers are?? Do you think it will prevent little fingers?? We'll see! :)
And here is the shelf to the right, it is just for regular books, but the baskets at the top are also school, but they needed to be high also! :) As you can see I got curtains done for one window, now I just have to get the others done. Something for me to do while Dan is flying around Europe! :) That and curtains for the kids room, I finally have material for them! :)
I am now off to play with my family and enjoy my hubby!
This is the shelf on the left. This is my school shelf, see how nice and high the scissors, glue, crayons and markers are?? Do you think it will prevent little fingers?? We'll see! :)I am now off to play with my family and enjoy my hubby!
Wow, Danna, it looks great! It's so organized!
ReplyDeleteMan, those are nice shelves!
ReplyDelete