We started our celebrating early, Today we took a little family outing up to Plymouth, Mass. It is only about 2.5 hours away from our new house. We had a great time, we saw of course Plymouth Rock, where the pilgrims first stepped on to our continent, we got to go on the Mayflower II, a replica of the first Mayflower, and consequently we also saw the Atlantic Ocean (I had never seen it!), Plus we visited 2 new states, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. Ohhh that was a bad run on sentence. Oh well it is my blog! :) The boys enjoyed the Mayflower, we had been reading a book about the First Thanksgiving, so it went well with that. I thought it was great to see Plymouth Rock, and the Atlantic Ocean, I guess I can say we moved from sea to shining sea now.
We will be having our Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday. Dan leaves on Wednesday to fly to Florida, and they said no to his request to fly home for Thursday. It now also looks like Dan will be in Bora Bora for Christmas. They are talking about flying the spouses there too, but I said no, how can we spend Christmas without our kids. You all probably think I am nuts turning down a trip to Tahiti, but I just won't go for Christmas. So we'll see what happens.
Dan got his first taste of Riley crying over Calif. friends and family last night. It did not make him too happy, good thing I wasn't there I usually end up in tears too, Riley just breaks my heart. Dan had sent me to bed early as I am fighting off some kind of bug, it has made my chest heavy, and yesterday I spent the day in vertigo! :) Walking around outside in the cold today didn't help, hopefully I will shake it soon!
On Thursday evening we had our first friend over to see our house, Shane Sherman was in Boston on business and of course Abby got him directions right down! Of course he ended up driving the one evening we had this huge storm, the one that killed people in North Carolina! But we had a great time visiting with him. Shane and Abby and their kids Sheldon and Liliann were our neighbors in Costa Mesa back when we all just had one babe!
Hope you all enjoy the new pictures!
* I have been trying to post this since Sat. Blogger does not like my photos, so they will come! :)
The other day Ellie was over at her friend Ivy's house being babysat. She colored some pictures and told Ivy they were for her new friends in Minnesota. She's all ready to ditch the kids here and make new friends! What a nut. I wonder how it will be if we actually do move.
ReplyDeleteHa Ha, can some of that rub off on Riley, he's still having a hard time even though he has already made 2 good friends! :) What a let down if you do not move there! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous! When I was 17-18, I desperately wanted to move to Massachusetts and go check out all that neat stuff. I've never yet managed to visit the area. Someday we'll come visit you...
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
I hope you will come visit Cherish, it would be so fun!! :) Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete