Then when you go in those doors...
It is the Rotunda. I could stand and stare for a long time! Our library is trying to raise funds to restore the Rotunda, I hope they do it right!
There are 4 of those lights, one in each corner, and then the words underneath say...
He danced along the dingy days and this bequest of wings was but a book what liberty a loosened spirit brings he ate and drank the precious words his spirit grew robust he knew no more that he was poor nor that his frame was dust.
Isn't that beautiful!
I LOVE BOOKS!
(And libraries!!)
* Check out my schooling blog, I found the poem!
Fabulous....ya done very good Lady Danna! Historic places are more than just history, they're special.
ReplyDeleteOhio :)
I just love that your into photography, and your so good at it too! And i ADORE the pic of the kids sitting waiting for you to finish taking pics... so stinkin cute!
ReplyDeleteToo bad I no next to nothing about photography (at least you've taken classes), and I don't even know all my camera does (I could read the manuel, oh well)!! :)
ReplyDeleteyou should take a class! not that you need it :)
ReplyDeletekeep the pics coming, your blog is such a nice quick break from all this crazy work!!!
Wow, what a majestic library. The kids probably didn't mind waiting too much, since they had a batch of fresh books!
ReplyDeleteYea can you see my library bag, I had to have Jake & Riley carry a couple and stick a few in my purse/non-diaper bag! 37 books between the 4 of us! :)
ReplyDeleteI love looking at Naug through your eyes. I guess you take for granted a place that you grew up in.
ReplyDeleteI love the poem that was incribed on the ceiling. It is perfectly fitting.
ReplyDeleteI just found this whaen I was looking for who wrote the poem!
ReplyDelete“He ate and drank the precious words,
His spirit grew robust;
He knew no more that he was poor,
Nor that his frame was dust.
He danced along the dingy days,
And this bequest of wings
Was but a book. What liberty
A loosened spirit brings!”
-- Emily Dickenson