Just a short update as my nerves are shot. Today was a fun Enrichment day at church, an all day event. So when I did get home this afternoon I was greeted by a head injury, want to guess whose head? Yep Jake! He fell onto the back of his head on a rock and was bleeding. (Still bleeding when I got home 3 hours after the injury). So thank goodness St. Mary's Hospital has a little walk-in clinic here in town so we headed over there, the Dr. was going to STAPLE Jake's head but I asked about dura-bond and thankfully the Dr. saw things my way! :) Remember you always attract more bees with honey than with vinegar! :) Jake is fine, more than fine he is quite happy the Dr. said he can not wash his hair for a couple weeks. (Yea tonight is bath night too)! That boy will be the one to give me the grey hair!
On Tuesday we went to Riley's pack meeting (they could wear their costumes but Riley would not!), Riley received a patch for recruiting a new boy into our pack, (actually the kid in orange) so now Riley has a "recruiter" patch.
Fern had a fun birthday party with a couple friends, we had her favorite dinner (lentil soup), and lots of fun. Here is the gang after completing the obstacle course and finding the treasure!
Fern was so excited about the cake and candles but then got a little shy when we started singing! She kept shrinking!
We went out to a local farm this last week and ran through the pumpkin patch, Fern rode the wagon until Dan dumped her on accident! :)
Dan and his friend Rob (who is also the mechanic on the airplane) fixed our van yesterday!!! Now I am praying it will stay fixed for a while!
~
And that is it with us! Blood, pumpkins, & cake, what an October!
Yay for the van being fixed!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt always weirds me out that you have neighbors right across the street. Your back yard is so huge that I think you live in the middle of nowhere all by yourself.
Seriously, what would October be were it not for a little drama? =)
ReplyDeleteWe have never had a mellow October since Fern was born! It has been a crazy few years!
ReplyDeleteCherish yea I am usually careful with the way I take my pictures, so that no other houses are shone. It makes me imagine (for a moment) that I do not live in a track of houses. :)
TAG you're it for 6 random things, see my blog.
ReplyDelete