Monday, October 06, 2008

Shopping On The Green!

I love to shop on The Green!
In New England there is usually in every town a central parcel of land that is The Green. Here in our town that is where people congregate for different functions, it is boarded by the two original churches of the town, the city hall, the library, and the "downtown" district. Here is last week as we strolled from the library to the farmers market, every Wednesday we go to the farmers market and then to the library. I always run into other moms and kids, from church, La Leche League, Scouts, or town. It is GREAT! I will be so sad when it stops for the winter. :(
A couple weekends ago we had the Harvest Moon Festival on The Green, it is sponsored by the Boy Scouts from the same troop as Riley's Cub Pack. I told everyone about my great book buys from the library sale there at the festival, but look at this! A little bit back Gina so very kindly sent us her extra copy of The Lion the Witch, and the Wardrobe (pictures second from the left). And I have always wanted the rest of the set, so when I found many of the others at the sale I grabbed them up! Now I am silly about things matching, and so I was so excited to find two others from the same set that Gina had gifted us!! I scooped up the others so we do not have to wait until I find the matchy, matchy ones. But you better believe if I see them I'll scoop them up! (And if any of you find them at supper frugal prices I would gladly pay you for them.) And then I can just re gift the others back to the library to be sold again! :) But as of now I am only missing "A Boy and His Horse", pretty good since a set of the paperbacks is $45.00 at Barnes and Noble and I think I paid 4 for a $1.00 at the library sale! So a $1.25 and one dear gift and I almost have a whole set! :)
~
Look for pictures from our fun trip to Kent Falls today soon!

1 comment:

  1. The Green's must be a CT thing because here in New England Maine the towns don't have that. When I moved here I thought most things would be the same as home in CT but not really. I will keep a look out for your books.

    ReplyDelete