So you all are probably wondering how in the world we ended up on the Turks & Cacaos Island for a 7 day vacation! Well, it is a long emotional story, in short our pre-planned, pre-approved 10th anniversary trip was canceled last minuet because they did not want to hire a contract pilot. So Dan's boss actually felt guilty, and probably afraid for his life if I got near him so he offered our family an all expenses paid vacation to the Caribbean. So although I took the vacation, I have not been bought off. :)
So here we go!!!!
We had a 3hour layover in Charlotte, N.C. it was so pleasant to be in the "South" again, everyone is so friendly! And they had a JAMBA JUICE!!!!!
YUMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!! If you have not been to one I suggest you find one soon!!
We then boarded our plane down to Providenciales, and had an uneventful flight down. Once we got there were were whisked to the Beaches Resort and then whisked past the front desk to the concierge's lounge with tropical drinks in hand! We got to our suite and immediately put on our bathing suits!! We spent a couple hours at the beach and then cleaned up for dinner.
After dinner we went out to watch the Sesame Street Parade, here is pirate Grover!
They also had this band made up of locals (or belongers as they say). I even got a video so you all could dance to the island beat, if you hear the gal M.C.ing she is saying the name of the band, We Funk. But boy does it sound like she is saying the "weefer band"! Ha Ha!!
Here they are on the main stage!
And the sunset behind us!
The kids just loved this fountain, the stage is down the path behind Fern.
We walked down to the beach after the stage show and enjoyed the shore!
Here are the boys in the sand, we spent most of our time on the beach so get ready for lots of beach photos!!
~
Just as a side note, as this was a free vacation we took it, but I am not a "resort" kind of girl. And although it was so beautiful and easy, it just did not sit well. Most "belongers" on the island live in poverty, while the resort life is extreme excess. Plus it is sad to have the same waiter who serves you dinner be the same one who is there to greet you at breakfast the next morning. I have not completely digested it all so you may hear more from me! :)
~
Just as a side note, as this was a free vacation we took it, but I am not a "resort" kind of girl. And although it was so beautiful and easy, it just did not sit well. Most "belongers" on the island live in poverty, while the resort life is extreme excess. Plus it is sad to have the same waiter who serves you dinner be the same one who is there to greet you at breakfast the next morning. I have not completely digested it all so you may hear more from me! :)
:}) ! Happy 10th ! (Good grief, has it been that long?!?) :})
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! Round trips are good...
Ummm, free trip to the Caribbean? AWESOME!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!