This morning we got up bright and early to get Riley to his parade post!! Then we hurried over to our friends home to park and walk downtown for the parade! After the parade we went to a ward pool/picnic party we had a great time, but after all these pictures/walking/bickering children, I was not the photographer! SO here is the parade!!
Waiting!!! Here is Jake, Fern, Angelica, Ezekiel, Marion, & Bro. V. waiting for the parade to start!!
Yea the color guard is here!! They had a very nice flag ceremony, they are right in front of the city hall building. It was also great to see so many uniforms!! I thought you all should hear some of the parade with all of these pictures!! I love bands playing patriotic songs, and bagpipes!!
Here are some of the Veterans from our borough! (Yes we are not technically a town, we are a borough!!)
I thought the re-enactors were great!! I know these guy are someone specific, but guiltily I admit I don't know who!
Here are some Civil War re-enactors!
When they shot their muskets Fern jumped and Jake covered his ears! It was really neat thought!!
More Civil War Solders! As odd as this sounds it is strange to see the Civil War monuments up here with Yankee solders on them, It was just so much a part of everyday life in Virginia. You saw confederate monuments everywhere there!
Fern had a great time waving to everyone!! Here is our fire department!!
We have a very high population of Portuguese people here, so this was the Portuguese Club's contribution to the parade. On the truck there were a few men playing music and then behind the truck...
were these dancers! Their costumes were beautiful and it was fun to see them dancing traditional dances!!
We had a couple helicopters do a fly-over, the kids loved that!
This old ladder truck was beautiful, it was neat to see it driving down the road!
Here is Pack 102!!!!
And there is Riley!!! I had the whole side of the street calling his name to get him to turn towards me!!!
He finally did, but hid behind his wave!! :)
Here is Krisana, she is one of my Young Women, and she belongs to the family we walked down with!! She is in the Middle School Band!
And the end, I got a quick shot of my three cuties when we met Riley's Pack at the flag pole! It was a great patriotic parade!!
Happy Memorial Day!
He finally did, but hid behind his wave!! :)Happy Memorial Day!
Riley is so cute! he must have been so excited to walk in the parade!
ReplyDeleteWe were sitting right across the street from you. I didn't even know Riley was in the parade. That was a long walk for some of the kids. He looks so cute.
ReplyDeleteDanna,
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so adorable. It is so good to see that you are all doing well. I like the small town parades... I hope we get to that one day. Here it seems like not very many people even hangs flags out anymore. If you get a chance send me your blog info so I can keep in touch
Nattyscrivs@yahoo.com
Happy Memorial Day Danna ! It looks like you had great parade weather. Riley does look pretty handsome in his uniform.
ReplyDeleteHey Danna,
ReplyDeleteGlad you found me too! I actually had just added you to our list because I found your blog on someone elses blog (ok, so I blog-stalked you). Anyway, those pics of the parade are awesome. It makes me want to live somewhere like that. How fun that Memorial Day was actually honored. Good to see that all are doing well on the other side of the country.
Jocelyn