Monday, February 18, 2008

Jake and His Thumb!

As anyone who has been around Jake for longer than about 2 seconds can conferm, Jake is very happy with his thumb. But his poor calloused didget and purtuding teeth are not so happy! Jake being my first thumb sucker I had no clue how to go about helping him to give it up, you can't hide it like I did with Riley's pacifire!! :)
So I did some thinking and reading and had the thought that busy hands would make it harder for him to suck his thumb. So I bribed! :) We went to Target and I showed him the mega block's answer to duplo legos and told him I would buy it for him if he choose not to suck his thumb. He picked out this fun "Deigo" set and has been having a blast with it! We also found that having a bandaid on his thumb during the day was a great reminder too. And luckly he has these great bandaids Aunt Mary and Ryan gave him, pirate bandaids!! So here is my happy big boy!! The next big tackle will be night time, I'll wait a bit for that one!! :)

You know what one of the most UN-FUN things about being a mom is?? It is when you are putting your babes to bed and they burst into tears because they miss Grandpa, Aunt Mary, Ryan, Novella, and California in general; and then they ask you to take them back. Then they add in that they miss Daddy and I should make him come home, yea I have that kind of magical power! What is a mama to do??

4 comments:

  1. a. i'm so glad the band aids are coming into good use and b. i'm glad you found a good way to help Jake quit the thumb...
    i miss you to death and wish you were here so i could take care of you while your sick!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would be happy to host you here in California. Maya and Sahara would love more play mates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea my Dr. the other day commented to me that it was not the best move for someone with raynaulds, and now that Dan has had to pay the oil bill for a winter and a half he is thinking the same thing! :) But it is a hard pill to swallow to think if we did come back we would trade in our 1/2 acre for a very small apartment/condo. :( Oh well we will see what happens, :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I don't need to say that CA misses you guys too. That's a great idea for the thumb sucking though, I'll have to file that away for later. :D

    ReplyDelete