Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well I thought I'd share a bit of our fun this morning!!Last year I gleaned a great idea from another mama, and we continued it this year! We each decorated a box (last year we used bags) with our name on it and such and then we put our Valentine to each other in it. Then this morning after breakfast and such we got to open them! This year we had a bonus, a package from Grandma J. (we opened that last night) and a package from Aunt Donna, Uncle Jody and the gang there on the farm, plus a couple gifts from Aunt Mary, Novella, and Ryan!! :)
The boy's gifts were a colaberation of talents! I sewed the canvas on the fake swead, Grandpa M. drew the awsome maps, and Dad "aged" (aka: got to play with fire) the edges and found the cool little compases! The boys are enjoying these!
My gift did not fit in my box but were quite enjoyeble!! Dan's gift is the one on the table, a "Los Tigres de Norte" CD, so we celebrated Valentine's to mariachi music! :)
Here is sweet Fern smiling o-so-sweetly in her new shirt from Novella! Now they are matchy-matchy!! :)
Love you all!!

4 comments:

  1. fern is so adorable! i love her pants too! so sorry i didnt get the cards made for the boys, the last couple days have been crazy! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The pants were hand me downs that she is in love with, not the perfect match for the shirt but it is cute in a "I am the cutiest little girl in the world and can pull it off" kind of look! Love ya!! Did your package get there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you had such a fun holiday! I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day but your post almost converted me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. package didnt come yet... i'm sure we'll get it today! thanks for thinking to send it :)

    ReplyDelete