Monday, April 02, 2007

A Smatering of Our Trip!

Fern loves to sit with Grandpa on his chair, notice not on his lap but beside him! :) When ever Grandpa gets the nuts out there seems a few grand kids appear!
Well the "river" got filled in this trip, so Grandpa and the boys took a trip to Home Depot and planted a garden! They planted tomatoes, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, some pretty flowers, and it seems like something else. Oh well! :) It was also St. Patric's Day, that is why they all blend in so well with the grass! :)
Tired Riley, cute Fern, ready to pop Aunt Mary, melancholy Jake, and happy Ryan, the night we celebrated Mary's birthday! MMMMM Native Foods and lemon cake!!!!!!
And the end, Fern and Jake found the chairs at the Long Beach airport quite amusing! They kept themselves busy close to 20 min. which made my job much easier!! Fern was full of cheesy grins for me too!! :)
We also got to meet up for a fun evening with some friends, the Khoury's!! It was the first of many get togethers! I didn't get a picture taken but no worries Rima did!! Happy first day officially home with your girls Rima!!!! I am so excited for you!!
We are all just trying to get back into the swing of daily life, laundry, school, ya know stuff! :) We are enjoying Dan being home too, he has had one day trip and now nothing for a couple weeks, but don't feel sorry that he is not flying, his next trip will log close to 35 hours into his log book! I am not sure I should mention where he is going, you all may end up hating my hubby! :)
We were able to watch General Conference this weekend over the internet. Saturday was good, but I think too many people were trying to watch Sunday, BYU tv kept stalling!!! I really enjoyed a few of the talks Saturday morning, they were uplifting to me, Saturday afternoon was a treat as we got to hear about the Tabernacle and then President Hinckley rededicated it! Sunday Dan was excited to get to hear Elder Dieter Uchtdorf speak, he was the area authority during Dan's mission in Germany, and he was a pilot for Lufthansa airlines. Dan saw him on an airplane recently and said hi, or rather Gootentag! :) Dan and I miss going to Utah for conference weekend and spending time with Uncle Jim and Aunt Sandy and Aunt Jo and Uncle John and everyone, but we continue to enjoy the treat of Oreos just like at Aunt Jo & Uncle John's! Luckily I have found some good non dairy ones! It really is a treat, I rarely buy them, Dan thinks that the fact that Aunt Jo's cookie jar is always stocked and that there is always back up in the pantry, heavenly!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the sneaky grin on Fern's face, on your friend's blog. I can't wait to see her as a teenager... I think she's going to still be a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so nice to be home. I can now relate. My last day of work was the greatest and the girls are so happy that I am home, they won't let me out of their site. I'm in heaven. This week was spent trying to establish a daily routine and we also went out on a few field trips, San Diego Wild Animal Park and Lego Land. I have sesion passes so this Summer is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love the Wild Animal Park, we still have passes living 3,000 miles away! :) I keep thinking we should take the boys to lego land, they would probably love it. Aunt Mary took us when Riley was a babe! :) Glad your enjoying your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete