Friday, April 27, 2007

Outing!

Today was a great day to go somewhere indoors, it was quite rainy and chilly! So we went to West Hartford to the Noah Webster House!
Here is the house, if you look towards the back you can see the add on, that was for the "modern kitchen", with a pull out arm over the fire place for pots and everything!! :) People lived in this house until the 1960's, crazy!
Jake learned how to card wool, (I remember learning that at 5th grade camp!)he was thankful there was something he could touch! :)
Riley really enjoyed getting to try out the little loom, he loved the big one, and thought it was great to try the little one. Our tour guide was surprised at how many answers Riley had for all her, "Do you know what this is?" questions! :)
Fern thought it horrible that we did not let her run free! And since my tumble down the stairs on Sunday I have not been able to carry her as much as she would like. So she had to put up with Dad!! :) But here is the ONE picture of me, with a little more contented Fern! :)
As always here is Dan with his eyes closed!! Oh well other than that it is a good picture. This is the modern kitchen! It was a good outing, and we enjoyed the fun!
And for our new dryer, the repair man opened the top and said, "WOW", not exactly what you want to hear the repair guy say! Well the drum is broken, big ole crack, and the rollers got damaged because of it. So on Monday or Tuesday a new drum should show up! Crazy!! And for the rest of my day, I got completely fed up with the mess the boys never clean up, (stop laughing mom!) so I took all the toys in their room and locked my self in, in the end I have 3 bags of trash and they each have 1 small box to keep treasures in, everything else went into labeled bins that can be brought out one at a time, and only after asking. Yea mom is mean, but hey there is floor in their room and down stairs now!! I'll post pictures of the pretty bins when Dan gets the shelf up for them, (tomorrow hopefully)!!!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks really cool. I've never carded wool before, only read about it.

    ReplyDelete