
Well Dec. has come and we do not have snow yet, to the boys dismay! They had their hopes up yesterday, we got up super early and took Grandma J. to the airport in Hartford to go home. :( As we got close to the airport we had a few flurries, by the time we got to the airport it was snowing, we said our good byes then got on our way. It started snowing even harder! The car behind us started slipping and sliding as I prayed he would not come into me. Thankfully we were driving a rental car as the brakes had gone out on the van. Yes another problem with the van, anyone know a good cliff? Anyway back to the snow, it was sticking and falling steadily, then miraculously as we came into down town Hartford it just stopped. The boys decided that it would soon be snowing at our house, but alas it was sunny (but VERY cold) all day. There is a chance on Friday, we will wait and see!
Ok this picture is of my budding baby! She was being a bit cranky, so I had picked her up, rhetorically as I always do I said "Fern, you have to tell me what you need", that's when it happened! She did the sign for food, she has been doing the sign for milk for a while but mostly just as I am about to nurse her, this was the first time she used the sign and used it to tell me what she needed!! So here she is eating her ASKED FOR food! Later that night Grandma and I were working with her to blow kisses, and then as I was putting her in her jammies she started blowing me kisses. So sweet! I can't believe she is so big! We did sign language with Jake a bit, but he quit as soon as he started talking, we'll see what Fern does!
Dan is hob-nobing with friends and family in California. He got to go to mutual last night to see his Deacons, tonight the Deacons are coming to see his airplane. Daddy is also coming up to see the airplane and to go out to dinner, maybe Mary and Ryan will join in on the fun, and then I will be the only one not there. :( Dan will be coming home Friday, then Sat. evening we will be having a couple of families over to celebrate St. Nicholas Tag. Sorry my German spelling is amazingly worse than my English spelling hu! :) Love ya all!
Oh the lovely back drop is my new gas range that is sitting in the middle of the floor waiting for the propane company to come plumb it in. :) They are coming on the 13 then the 14th the counters will be here. We can then use the propane after the building inspector inspects. So maybe the kitchen may be together before Christmas!
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Riley...
ReplyDeleteJake, I love you!!!
Fern, you better get all practiced up on blowing kisses for when I get Home.
Dad
Oh Danna, I can't believe how big Riley is getting. I'm sorry you don't have the desired snow. We had some and it's melting more now that our days are warming up. I'm excited to be back in CA for Christmas pretty soon.
ReplyDeleteOhh have fun in CA, I get to go back in Jan. to do the shower for Mary. Not soon enough! :)
ReplyDelete