I know no kid pictures, our computer is on the fritz so Dan, figuring I might go into withdrawals left his laptop for me! But so I have no clue how to put pictures on here, so I thought I'd share these!
So I have been thinking of Virginia the last few days, not only because I think of it often but because it has been so HOT, HUMID, & MUGGY!!! It was not one of my favorite things about Virginia in the first place, and I don't like it any more here in Calif.!! Gross!So the top picture is of the blue ridge mountains, aren't they beautiful! I miss the drives Dan and I took up on the parkway when we lived in Buena (B-you-naa)Vista. It was a frequent "date", that or walking up dink mountain, around town, or Walmart. I bet you all didn't know Buena Vista's night life was so exciting! (unless you've been there, then your nodding and smiling now!)
The second picture is why I went to Virginia, Southern Virginia College (now University). Pretty hu! I lived in the very top turret, that was my dorm room! Awesome hu! I miss it. I just thought I'd share. The time we spent there we had a "Great Books" curriculum, we really enjoyed it and I wish they still had it. I never really desired to read Plato etc. but I am grateful to have read it, and I think about reading many of the books again! We
are planning to homeschool our kids and I read this great book,(A Thomas Jefferson Education) it reminds me of the Great Books curriculum from SVC, so Riley and I will probably dive into some great classics together! Along with all the fun stuff too, we can't neglect Dr. Seuss!Hope you all are having a great day and that you are cooler than I, even Riley is working up a sweat playing library! Have fun!
Still have the postcard you sent from Buena V. :) One of the best old buildings in the country. Glad you were there!
ReplyDelete