
This is Aunt Mary and Fern on Aunt Mary's birthday last March. But the reason I put her up, is last night we had a couple families over for Family Home Evening we did dinner too. The kids ran like crazy animals around the back yard, all 8 (well Fern did not run)! It was a lot of fun, so what to make for 3 families, with all of our family's dietary excitement? I of course turned to the great new cook book Mary gave me for Christmas, Feeding the Whole Family (second one down). This book has been through the trenches since Christmas, it is well loved and looks like it! It's not way out there, but it is new and fun! SO check it out if your looking for something new, and healthy. Some of our favorites out of it are; Sloppeh Joes (this is what we had last night), Split pea soup with fresh peas and potatoes, the latest one we tried Red Lentil Soup w/ East Indian spices (Masoor Dal) SO YUMMY!!, and if I am talking about Mary I have to include her favorite, Red Bean and Quinoa Chili (for the most part I only have to call and say I am making this and she comes to visit, Magic!!) There are many others, but I thought I'd wet your taste buds, and share what's cook'en in my kitchen! Thanks Mary!
Love ya all! Danna
I was there and the madness was delightful. =)
ReplyDeleteRed Bean and quinoa chili sounds good. Then you have the grain and the bean to give you a whole protein, right?
We'll have to indulge in some more madness soon! :)
ReplyDeleteActualy the whole have to combine a grain and a legume is out dated. They have found out that our amazing bodys can take the grain from breakfast and the legume from lunch and create a perfect protein! You just need to eat a well varied, balanced diet of whole foods! :) There is more technicality to it but you get the idea! :)