Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy First Day of Spring!

No this was not today, we had flurries this morning! Riley woke up VERY sure it would be 70 degrees today since it was the first day of spring, I assured him I really did not think it would be! But this was two days ago, it did get into the 60's and the kids were so excited to not wear jackets! And so am I!!
They were working on a camp fire to make dandelion soup! :) The dandelions should be out next month, then we really will have dandelion soup!
Happy Spring!!


6 comments:

  1. that is so funny, my kids thought the same thing! i had to explain gow it woud work and that it would slowly warm up. we have had snow flurries the last few days too! it is a little depressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite depressing, I am SOOOOOO ready for warm weather!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a very nice first day of spring present in my mailbox yesterday, and it was a pretty rough day, so it made me really happy! :) Thanks Danna! Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you found them before the mailman squished them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous that you have no snow. We had one a few days in the fifties but it's cold for the most part here and they call it Mud Month. In my back yard I could only see half of my composter because the snow is sticking around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Riley, it SHOULD be 70degrees on the first day of spring!

    ReplyDelete