...what is so lovely about getting life back to (this season's) normal?
Among other things! With all of Dan's traveling, preparing for guests, and a sever lack of yeast that has now been remedied, I had to buy store bread two paydays in a row! GASP, the HORROR!!! But really what a blessing it is for Dan to make such glorious bread, not only because it is so good and so good for us (it is a high gluten bread, think lots of protein), but even with buying store bread at the day old bread store it was a strain on my food budget I did not appreciate!! :)
We have all been enjoying having good bread again so much that there is only two of these loaves left! I guess we know what Dan will be up to when he gets home!! :)
And on other things, it is nice to take the leaf out of the table and have more kitchen space, we actually got some "mom-school" in this morning, the cats got fed (yea for them!), and I am looking forward to "quiet time" this afternoon! :) As nice as it is to have visitors and festivities I am a creacher of comfort and enjoy our daily rhythm! :)
What simple joy are you enjoying today? Because I am about to go upstairs and have some more bread! :)
I love homemade bread! I am sure that when we die, heaven will smell like fresh baked bread!
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing quite like homemade bread. That reminds me, I need to make some!
ReplyDeleteThat looks yummy - I want your recipe!
ReplyDeleteCould you possibly post the recipe? Love, Lisa
ReplyDeleteWell all I have not become pro at posting word docs and I will not be typing THAT out!! So if you want it I can email it to anyone, Makenna I don't have your email! Mine is in my profile, email me! Lisa I'll send it on over!
ReplyDeleteDanna, next time Dan asks me if he can do anything for us, I'm going to say YES, bring us some of that bread when you come to home teach!!!! It was so good, I had some on Friday with the kids. Then I chomped up their left-overs. I just couldn't leave it there. Very, very good. Love, Lisa
ReplyDelete