
Christmas Eve with everything ready for the morning! I never did find the ornaments from last year (new ones like the sweet one Fern made in Nursery, and the R & F Aunt Mary made). Hrumph, but Christmas came anyway.

After opening Dan's family's gifts we let the kids open a gift from Grandma J. (they have not figured out that it is always PJ's they get to open). So here are my cuties all ready for bed in their new jammies ala grandma!

Grandma even made Fern a sleeping cap! How cute is she!!
~
Dan and I managed to not stay up too late, but between the wind storm (which broke one small tree out back), Fern, and my ever increasingly uncomfortable bed/body I did not get a ton of sleep. Riley woke up at 4am, I heard him go out and look at the tree then at 4:30 he was in our bed and by 5 we had sent him back to his!! Thankfully they all stayed in bed until 7:30! :)
Then it was time to open gifts!

Sorry this is blurry, but try getting a picture of a light saber wielding 7 year old!! :)

Jake got a green one too, and Fern a purple one! They soon had Dad get his out (yes Mike and Anna the one you gave him 11 years ago) and they have been "fighting" ever since! :) It was a hit, and I knew it would be that is why I bought a plastic toy for them. :)

I know silly hu, I do this every year, I arrange all of my favorite gifts and take a picture. Now no one get offended I love all my gifts because they were all given in love these are just a few that really stuck out! :) Ok, Top-picture of my mom's family outside the St. George temple when they were sealed together! A button wreath ornament my mom made,
Kirsten's winter outfit I have wanted for YEARS!! A casserole dish (nice and deep) with our last name etched on the bottom I have always wanted one, tangerines, I am a So. Cal. gal living in no citrus land. The Hungry Little Caterpillar ornament,
Wrap-n-mats I have always wanted these! A 12oz.
Klean Kanteen bottle that will fit in my purse so now I have no excuse not to drink my water, cinnamon
Glee Gum,
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth I have always wanted one of her books! The Creative Family, I know you all have heard me talk about that! :) A neat etching of a Mother and Son that says "preparing her son", A caterpillar key chain, a maternity coat (but so sad the sleeves are too short, I must be gorilla-ish), an apple peeler-corer-slicer, and underneath it all a "rag" Mary Englebright quilt!
I was completely spoiled! :)

Look at this happy Christmas smile!! Fern had me take a picture of her and her doll MANY times throughout the day, but this is the cutest!! :)

And here are a few of the things the kids got that I really liked! :)
Far left- colored pencils, Riley and Jake got little combination safes, card games, card holders for little hands, ear muffs (Riley has rarely taken them off since he opened them), personalized place mats, Fern got a new doll dress, rock crayons, some fun books, and fleece blankets embroidered with their names.
~
Dan's most exciting gift was a new set of scriptures, he has had his last pair since he was a teenager! :)
~
We are so thankful for the thoughtful family and friends who made sure we knew we were loved this Christmas! We hope everyone feels the love our Savior has for all of us as we begin this new year!
Love you all!
Great pics! Thanks for putting them up! I love you
ReplyDeleteMom
:)
ReplyDelete