Sunday, December 07, 2008

Another Sunday Post! :)

And another white Sunday! We got a good 3 inches last night and woke up to our own winter wonderland!
This is only like the second or third time that we have had snow that sticks to all the trees since we have been here. And that is something I LOVED in Virginia and looked forward too. It is so beautiful! The plow was out all night so the roads were clear this morning so off we went to church, it was a beautiful drive this morning!
~
Yesterday we had a fun lunch!
Riley has recently become aware that I cooked at his age and that I have "kid" cookbooks, so he has been wanting to try them out! :)
So last week I pulled out my old Winnie the Pooh cookbook out and I found some good recipes for him to start with, then yesterday we put it into action!
And I think in the process I have fixed Riley from wanting to make a whole meal for a while! :)


Here is the finished product before the party descended! :)



Here is the menu, Riley was working on writing it out, but he puttered out and so we used my copy! :)


And here is our merry little party! :)
Everyone loved having a luncheon tea party and loved everything we made! :)
Now just to work on Mom and Riley's patience for each other while working in the kitchen! :)





4 comments:

  1. How very fun! and yeah that you got snow! we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, what a fun tea party! I have very little patience in sharing my kitchen, so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still have more snow than us. I like the menus. I could relate with the patience of cooking with the children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! So fun! What a cute idea. Jayne loves tea parties and she helps me in the kitchen a lot. She has 3 aprons already and thinks she's a cook. She does pretty good. Anyway, I need your address to send a christmas card. Can you email it to me? trinajonas@gmail.com Thanks! I love the snow pictures! Looks so fun! It will be almost 80 here again by friday. We got a small taste of "christmas" when we only were in the 60's yesterday. oh well.

    ReplyDelete