Friday, September 05, 2008

Panties & Hannah!

Yep that's right two post in one day! Crazy!!!Well yesterday we all went (Fern's request) to Target to find her some Cinderella under ware! She has graduated from the training undies!! In order to get Cinderella we had to get all the princesses, so here is Fern putting on her "Belle" panties (because they were purple)! :)
~
As I am sure you all know Hannah is on her way up our way, we are expecting her anytime between this evening and tomorrow mid morning depending on her speed. We are already on flood watch and high wind warning. But it is lovely outside today with a nice gentle breeze. I know that will change! So I went out to see what needed to get put away, and what to salvage from the garden.
I am sure I will lose my sunflowers now that they are finally all blooming so pretty! I am thinking about cutting them so I can enjoy them inside, but it is hard to cut them knowing that will be the end. Oh I just am not sure what I'll do about them!!
Our Whinny the pooh tree is unfortunately mostly dead, I am sure that if the winds are as high as they are predicting we will loose a couple of the dead branches. They are large branches, I am hoping they do not take down any good trees or smoosh the tree house!
I love the canopy we have!
I striped what I could off the plants in the garden, I left the green tomatoes hoping they will not get blown off but if they do I can pick them up and make fried green tomatoes. I took my red pepper off (the 5th from my garden, there is still another 5 or so growing), and beans! I also found near the potatoes and sunflowers that little half of a bird egg, it is so small! I have no clue where it came from but I think the kids will enjoy seeing it!
~
So we will continue to "batten down the hatches" in anticipation of Hannah, and update as we enjoy the show! :)

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed the fact that it was going to hit you guys. I doubt your sunflowers will survive - the one year I had them, they were flattened by a good wind storm. I hope your tomatoes do, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's review.... you put up a post saying there is a huge storm headed your way, and then NOTHING! While I doubt your home was obliterated, I am just a little concerned as to if you're having an extended power outage or something. Update please!

    ReplyDelete