Riley was concentrating so hard!
This went over wonderfully, they had a great time! I was able to get the "Creative Family" book on my dream list (down on the right) from the library, and now I want it even more! It was fantastic!! She suggested using burlap to start learning needlework which was perfect!! So I would highly recommend it! Plus it was a great read! :)
In our kitchen I put up a short scripture that we then work as a family to memorize. Riley is totally pro at this, and Jake seems to memorize it without saying it out loud very much! When everyone memorizes it we all go out for a treat, ice cream bars this time!
So here is Jake saying the scripture!
And here is a surprise! When the boys where saying the scripture to show us they knew it (so we could run out and get ice cream) Fern just started saying it! She completely surprised us! She usually will say it with us when we say it as a family, but who would expect an almost 3 year old to be able to do that!! We were blown away! So here she is!
I can't wait until this weekend for General Conference!!!
That's a good idea for memorizing the scriptures. I can't believe Jake and Fern did such a great job. Memorizing scriptures is a challenge for me. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI'm always amazed by the variety of things you teach your kids. What a great homeschooling mom you are!
ReplyDelete