Friday, December 21, 2007

All Since the Snow Storm!

Here is the semi quick low down on the happenings here!!The night of the big snow Jake thought it would be fun to throw a ball at the light on the ceiling in Fern's room. The light broke, and glass rained down on him. He came out with blood down his face and all over his hands! Needless to say I was a bit frantic trying to get the bleeding to stop, worrying about us being snowed in to boot! Thankfully it slowed and a neighbor had some butterfly bandages, and another neighbor with 4wheel drive played courier. So here is Jake all bandaged up, notice the blood on his shirt! BOYS!!!
The next morning we went out to enjoy the snow, we had 5 inches!!
Fern found it quite hard to walk in all her gear, so she mostly sat and ate. She LOVES to eat snow, she is perfectly happy to stay inside if her daddy will go out and bring her a little snow or ice! :)
Our hilly backyard makes for great sledding!!
Here is Hunter, Jake, & Riley playing in the back yard, they had a great time!
Fern enjoyed sledding this year, last year it was not a highlight! At first she only wanted to ride with Mama, but then...
she wanted to ride in the little blue sled all by herself!! She was too cute, I thought I had gotten a video of it, but ended up with a video of nothing! OOppss!!

Then this week we had a fun outing!!
We all went to Riley's Cub Scout Pack meeting, here he is with all the scouts.
Here is Riley getting his Bobcat award! The 3 short ones with orange bandannas make up the Tiger den, they were all too cute!

Here is Fern just the other day, she is wearing the hat Grandma & Grandpa H. brought her from Russia, she was TOO cute in it!! And her new favorite sweater/jacket it is a hand-me-down a friend brought us last week and Fern LOVES it. When we go out I do not have to fight her to put it on, which is a MAJOR accomplishment!!! It is really warm too, I want one!! :)


And just a fun photo of Fern today, she was nursing and watching a show. Riley took this picture! And yes we are STILL nursing! :)
I hope you all are enjoying the Christmas Season, the kids and I ran to Barnes and noble today to get a couple books for the new school term coming up, plus a new journal for me; we drove past the mall boy an I glad I am not there! I hope you are not ether!! Actually I have not been there in MONTHS!!! Thank goodness!!



No comments:

Post a Comment