
Yes Danna has finally fallen off her rocker! For dinner tonight I served oven potatoes and popcorn. And I made Ronald Regan proud, ketchup was our veggie. Have you all fallen off your chairs? Riley was so excited he asked if he could call and tell Dad, so I let him, so he told Dan, then Jake told Dan, then when I got the phone, Dan asked me what we were having for dinner. I smiled and told him, he thought the boys were dreaming! :) I did have some happy campers at dinner! But hey at least they meet the criteria for whole foods; they remember where they came from. I scrubbed the potatoes we picked up at the farm, and I pan popped that organic popcorn! So there you have it a crazy night, with very happy kids at the Hook House!
Well oven potatoes and pan popped popcorn are still pretty healthy foods so you haven't TOTALLY fallen off your rocker. =)
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a kid my brothers and I used to take turns making dinner. On occasion I would make cake and ice-cream for dinner. I can tell you no one ever complained! Ha ha!
My kids' favorite fun dinner is butter and salt pasta with a side of broccoli.
We do something like your pasta, but we call it sea shells in the sand. I make shell pasta (I recently found veggie ones so they are colored) and plain couscous, then mix them together with our fake butter and salt and pepper. The kids think this is great, we are having it tomarrow! :) They love to have "trees" with it too!
ReplyDelete