Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny today for her Yarn Along!



For book club this month we chose a whopper! East of Eden, all 601 pages! But I like Steinbeck's writing style so it is easy to read and get engulfed in the storytelling (although I have already been surprised at some things I never would have guessed he'd write about...).

Knitting report: I finished one of my gnome baby hats and gave it away and have another cast on already, both in Cascade 220. When I went back to Jimmy Beans for more Cascade 220 the very nice (and enabling) gentleman invited me into the back room where they keep sale yarn and past limited edition colors...SO DANGEROUS! I splurged on this Madelintosh Chunky in Cove, the picture dose not do it justice!
Also pictured is the balaclava I am making for Riley. The whole thing has not been going great and now the shaping/decreasing is REALLY not going well at all. I am actually considering frogging the whole thing. I've already frogged back bits and pieces fixing things and really this is starting to seem like a lost cause. Maybe I can find a different pattern or have Riley pick a completely different something for this yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment