Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Yarn Along


Joining Ginny for the yarn along today!
So....we hit the end of January and now it's February, and in true mid-winter fashion I put things on hold and started some new. I've not abandoned the shawl or The Monkey's Voyage just paused (but I am still contemplating frogging the shawl and maybe using the yarn for this cowl). 
I started this blue scarf for Fern last week, I've ripped rows out a couple times and it is a project you have to be aware of what your doing and count a bit so it is slow going. And because of that I started another hat, for me this time so that I had something to knit while watching the big game (and Mansfield Park the other night...). I am reading Song of the Lark by Willa Cather (one of my favorite authors of all time), it is part of her "pioneer trilogy". I have read the other two many times as they are my favorites but I've never read this one. I am reading it for a book club. I also picked up Keeping Chickens by Ashley English at our local bookshop yesterday and dove right in first reading the chapter on taking care of chicks and then started the coop chapter before i fell asleep with my nose in it! My chicks are ordered, 6 buff orpingtons and 6 black australorps! So exciting!!!

3 comments:

  1. The colours in your photo are so pretty and sunny! I've not read any Willa Cather - she's definitely on my list. Your chickens sound exciting - we have Isa Browns at the moment - just 2 - but when we move in a couple of years, Buff Orpingtons are on my wish list - they are so pretty and such good layers - hope they arrive soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Ashley English series of books! Getting your chickens will be such fun--my daughter got some last year for the first time, and they've been lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked on a scarf like that before and I was given the advice to write each row on an individual index card. That worked good for me. I can't wait to here about your chick adventures. I wish you were closer because I have to many roosters. I have good roosters too.

    ReplyDelete