Saturday, February 01, 2014

Easy Peasy Useful Crafting!

For Chirstmas my family surprised me with a Kindle Paperwhite! So exciting!! 
In January we decided to go on a little road trip and so of course I wanted to take my kindle with the book I was reading. But the night before as I was packing my "front seat" basket I realized I did not want to just throw it in! I had not settled on or justified the cost of a cover so...I ran into my sewing room with an idea!
Luckly I had felted this sweater and thrown it into my fabric bins for a future project (I pick up all wool seaters from Goodwill when I come across them).
At first I was going to cut a square out of the bottom body part but then I realized there was a golden idea here!! The sleeve! Less sewing (remember it was the night before and I do have everything else to pack)!!
So I cut it off and sewed up one open end. Easy peasy!
Then I grabbed a small hair rubber band from my drawer and sewed that securely on (still on the wrong side).
I turned it right-side out and sewed on a button (measure how far down according to your tablet).
Slip it in!
And off you go!!! 
The wrist band was a little tight at first but a little stretching and use has made it better. But it is still tight enough to be secure which I like, no slipping out!!

2 comments: