Saturday, February 18, 2012

Recipe & Links!

:: I tryed a second Baked Oatmeal recipe this week. I really liked this one so I thought I'd share! I used coconut yougert & milk of course and I did not have dried apricots so I used the canned in water ones my mom put up for me last summer.

:: If your wondering why you should soak your grains read THIS.

:: I am feeling we need a little sugar detox after all these candy filled holidays. I'd love to give it up completly but then I'd have to give up going to church. Sugar is the Mormon drug of choice I am convinced.
:: Mother Earth News subsciptions are only $10 right now!!! I might have to splurge!!!

:: Some of my favorite people are making a magazine.

:: We have birthday's coming and we are making play doh and play silks to give!

:: Oh yeah and the knitting... right now I have needles in, a hat, a scarf, & a dish cloth.


I feel like there was another link I wanted to share, oh well! But do keep your eye on the links over there ------>

I keep adding fun stuff!


Have a fun weekend!

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous picture!!! i really want to try making it, things like that are usually hits with my fam. I agree with you about Mormons and sugar... Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was just reading Kitchen Stewardship this morning. You're probably the only other person I know who reads it.

    I really need to figure out what's wrong with me...if my body hates wheat, or sugar, or both. In one year, I've gained back the 30 pounds I lost while not eating them, and the weight really just fell off when I was on my serious elimination diet, and it wasn't just an issue of cutting calories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really realized that sugar is just toxic, it is poison. A good friend and I were making Christmas cookies with our kids one year and she lamented about how it use to be such an expression of love to pull out your sugar jar and make a treat to share. But now days sugar is something people eat everyday, something you just buy half heartedly at the store without thought.
    I wish people would stop giving my kids candy for everything. Oh you wiped your nose, heres some candy! I think it should be like medicine, you ask parents/don't assume it's your job to give it.
    I'll now step down from the soapbox to go to the candy filled building down the lane to worship by eating sugar... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's what happens on this coast... We go 3 hours at "the building" without eating anything, pick up the kids at their respective rooms, they're hungry and they each have a handful of something sugar. They fight over it, if one had been given more or something "better" than the other one, then they whine the whole way home about why can't they have it NOW???? Then we have to hide it while we make lunch and try to toss it when they've forgotten about it. Repeat in one week, every week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to subscribe to Mother Earth news for that low price. I usually get it at the library. I want to try the Taproot subscription too. I wish you were my neighbor again so that we could knit together. I didn't knit that much then because Ryder was a baby. I do put knitting needles down sometimes especially for a baby. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes Chris! The fighting is enough to make me scream!! Plus our church is from 11am-2pm, right over lunch! Great time to give the kids candy...
    Kathy! I'd move next door to you today if I could!! I miss you too! How are your new boys fitting in?

    ReplyDelete