Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Out My Window





It's hard to remember the later when the former is what I see today. Isn't that funny?

I feel like a kid, I'm not sure how it is I have kids as I don't remember graduating to all knowing parent status. Maybe that is because I've never done this before, does that mean parents are not all knowing? I keep waiting to grow up, it will happen right? Or is this as grown up as I get? A childhood friend had her first baby recently, that made me feel a little old as I have 4 babies. She was the one who told me what a french kiss is, we were in my tree. I think she may be one of the only people who knows me completely without a filter. Sure we have now been apart longer than we were ever inseparable but still...

So growing up. Recently my mind has been heavy? filled? with the question of what I want to be when I grow up. Or what I will do in my next life, not in a reencarnation sense but in the sense of different seasons of life. There are a few things that interest me to prusue. Now thoughts of timing and order float through my brain, and I think I'm ready to start. Yes I know my plate is plenty full but after 11 years of constantly giving all of myself to my children I am feeling the desire to give a little to myself.

So do you feel grown up? What does it feel like? Tired? I feel that. Maybe that is what it feels like to be grown up.

And what do you want to be when you grow up? What will you do in your next life?

Good Night!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that you are writing about this. I was just talking to Chris yesterday about how I'd love to take library science classes. I go thru periods of wanting to just give it all to my kids and periods of wanting something that's for myself. And yes, I feel very, very tired. A day when I don't feel tired is like a special gift. Will we ever feel grown-up? I'll let you know if it happens to me :) Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete