Saturday, May 15, 2010

12 YEARS!!!

Well here we are again! Our anniversary!
Last night we got to go out on "hot date night" as Dan calls it, Daddy was our gracious (and free) babysiter! We went out to an Indian restaurant that is known for their food but not their ambiance, you can't have everything right! The food was AMAZING and then we had desert (cobbler from Claim Jumper), at the beach. We had adult conversation and did not have to spell a single word...bliss! Oh and I only had to share my food with Dan, double bliss!! :)
Dan and I reflected on how different we are than 12 years ago, we were young, most people did not think we would last. But we both grew up and grew together, thanks impart to Dan's willingness to learn about all the crazy things I learn about, and his easygoing nature. And the blessing of having Heavenly Father as the third member of our marriage. There have been bumps, and skinned knees but we have come out better for it. One of the bet pieces of marriage advice we have held onto is, "the storm is around us not between us" thanks Malia and Bishop!!
I love you Dan! XO

9 comments:

  1. you guys are so cute. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 years! That's crazy! We're almost at 7 and it has not been an easy road, probably because we haven't done very well at being partners with each other or Heavenly Father. Happy anniversary! I hope you hit 13 with an employed husband and a place of your own again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you warm and lovey in the sun. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still the one who introduced you guys..LOL. We have been told we would not make it either and we are going on 10 years and loving every minute of it. I am very blessed to have Jake, we seldom argue or disagree over anything. We know we must choose our battles carefully. I am happy you guys are still happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who are these people that say you're not going to make it. What doubters. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous couple! You look like proper adults in this picture! I remember watching the kids last year. I let them have lots sweet tarts and popsicles :) But there were only three of them then! Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete