Who is that guy behind the ginormous carrot??? :) Well the kids and I worked on cleaning out the garden the other day, as winter is quickly approaching)! As we were getting the rest of out carrots out we found this beauty! It was 14 inches long and as strait as can be! This is quite a feat in this rocky CT. soil!! I sliced it up and we enjoyed it with our dinner!
Here is Riley and Jake with their pets of the week! Riley has a Woolly Bear Moth Caterpillar, and Jake, I am just not sure it looks quite a bit like a Tomato Caterpillar, but it did not have the big spike on the back. But Jake was happy he was green! We had several friends come over to see the caterpillars.
After dinner the other evening we had a treat! Acai smoothies! Here are the three munchkins wearing theirs!

Wow Danna, that carrot is insane! My mom was never able to grow one that straight in her clay soil. (And I can't get carrots to grow at all!!!)
ReplyDeleteYea, well it was our good ONE! Most had extra legs and such from when they hit a rock. I can now completly understand the allure the pioneers had with moving west and not having rocky soil to clear!! It is unbealivably rocky here!
ReplyDeleteI have always been told that you can measure how much children enjoy their food by how much of it they wear....it looks like Fern REALLY liked it! :o)
ReplyDeleteYes, they did enjoy this treat!! :) Dan got in trouble for not puting a bib on her! :)
ReplyDelete