Sunday, May 30, 2021


Yesterday was my big planting day. I often do it in the late evening when it has cooled off but I had so many seedlings I knew I would never get it done in an evening. So after another trip to the vet Fern and I dug in, literally! 
By three pm we were melting but only about half way through...like I said I had a lot of seedlings! So we stopped for the night and showered our very dirty and sore bodies. We had some little people over for the evening so that was it for yesterday. 
So now here I sit on my back patio, in the shade, knowing I need to get back at it. But oh man am I sore! Hopefully we get the rest in (minus a few that are just not quite ready to go out). I am so glad for Fern's help. She has great ideas and is a great companion to work with.
Hopefully next post I'll share a picture of all the seedlings in, looking small and neat, before a mid to late summer photo of the jungle it turns into! 

*Instead of all my seedlings living in the kitchen and caring them in and out every day I put my cold frame on the ground and filled it! Then I only had to open and close it everyday, and when the frost warning happened I only had to throw a couple blankets over it.
Here is Zinnia out exploring inside the cold frame early one morning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment