Leili took this picture of the front yard Hawthorne tree in bloom. I like the angle and that the blossoms are not in focus. You can see the main part of the tree behind these up-close blooms too.
I know I know, a blog post? Those have been sparse these last years. The kids have grown, four kids is more than a handful (one I have not gracefully managed most of the time), social media in the form of instagram took off (pictures and words is kind of what I did here), I became less self assured (that whole growing up bit), and the grief I've waded through the last 5 years and 8 months left me in a fog and a shadow of myself.
So why tonight? Well for one I bought myself a new computer! My last one was 10 years old and a desktop which lived in the kitchen (great for homework and kids not great for a cohesive thought string). This new one is a laptop so I can hide in my office/sewing room or in a dark corner in a comfy chair (the current place). Second, it was just Fern and I tonight so we got our favorite Indian takeout (Thali) and we watched Julia and Julia. We did a Julia Childs unit (seriously so amazingly fun) but this movie was a little old for Leili so we waited until she was busy (first sleepover since the pandemic, no worries its outside in the backyard, no tent even). Julie and Julia and its 2000's technology is when I first started this blog. Writing it all in html (not sure I could remember how to do that anymore) and uploading cute pictures of my three small children so friends and family out of state could see them. Third I've actually been thinking about this space and really instagram is not my favorite, but I like the connection and the journal of sorts.
So I'm not sure what will end up here. I've changed, my life has changed, my kids are all so tall (Fern is still the petite one), and I'm busy. Maybe some herbal things will show up, maybe some nature, art maybe even? I'll keep the breastfeeding side of my life to a minimum, and homeschooling. I might share some of my writing. Maybe some food/nutrition/recipe will appear. Or maybe nothing at all
I am currently cutting out inflammatory foods to see if I can get my ever upset digestion to smooth out. And because what I want more than anything is to not develop Alzheimers. I will gladly give up a lot to avoid that.
So hello May 28th 2021 (how is it already nearly June?)!
No comments:
Post a Comment