Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Yarn Along - HELP!

Joining Ginny today for the Yarn Along!!

Lets just cover the easy part first...
Reading: I am still listening to Minstrel by Marissa Ames and last night I finished The Captain of Her Heart by Anita Stansfield. I enjoy reading Anita Stansfield books when I just need an easy, get wrapped up in the story, (but not a trashy romance novel) kind of book. Most of hers are historical fiction which I really enjoy. This one is free on the Kindle but beware! There are 5 books in this series and only the first is free! Sneaky! This one is set during 1777 which is a time period I enjoy.

Ok...the hard.
Knitting: Actually there has not been much knitting. This shawl is not working and so...rrriiibbbiiittt! Yes I'm going to frog this one. But I need ideas for this yarn! HELP! Textured shawl? Honey Cowl? What would you make for yourself? It's Madelinetosh Merino in Technicolor Dream Coat and I have 3 skeins.

Thanks!! XO

10 comments:

  1. Sorry the shawl is not working, but I would still go with another shawl. I think the yarn you have would be gorgeous as a shawl.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jill! Now to hunt out another shawl pattern... ;)

      Delete
  2. Try another simple shawl. Something without much pattern so you can appreciate the beautiful colors in the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, something with little pattern because the yarn is busy. Good luck finding a new pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Desiree...I might need the luck as I dive into ralvery!

      Delete
  4. My favorite shawl to is the Boneyard Shawl. I have done several with Madtosh and I have one on the needles out of a fabulous pink bamboo. I just adore the shawl, it's mindless and it is the perfect shape. I wear mine all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pattern suggestion Laura, mindless sounds so soothing right now!! I think I'll cast on tonight. ;)

      Delete
  5. Sorry about the Shawl. :(
    On the bright side.....the yarn is fabulous!! Anything will look beautiful with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful yarn...what about multnomah, age of brass and steam, little house shawl, lala's and I am blanking on the others I can picture in my head but they are along the same vein.

    ReplyDelete