We started the day sightseeing after breakfast, and sadly the Temple was just a photo stop since it was closed for maintenance the 4 days we were there.
We also did a little strolling through town, this was the first Christian Church in Hawaii. I loved the way they used the natural building materials (lava rock). Inside was beautiful with the wood benches and stained glass.
Their are a few banyan trees around the center of town, they are so interesting! We are standing on a 3 foot high lava wall and we still barely come up anything on the tree!
After the little sightseeing we headed out to find another beach! We had to drive through a couple miles of lava fields to get to the beach. It was a bumpy ride!
This one had a lot of lava rock but was beautiful!
We had lunch on the beach! I could seriously live like this all the time!!
This beach seemed to be used by more locals than tourists, there were younger guys who came in on kayaks who had been spear fishing and then this guy standing near the water was fishing with a net. And there were a few kids splashing in the waves.
Dan was splashing too!
We went back to my funky restaurant one more time, the kava was wonderful for my travelers tummy!
We spotted these bananas from the table, paradise I tell you!
The plumaria trees everywhere are also amazingly wonderful...do I really have to leave?
Yes sadly. After a 5 hour delay waiting for the airplane to get to Hawaii I took off from my island paradise.
And then the sun came up on a new day. I was so exhausted.
But not even exhaustion could prevent me from enjoying these smiles!
Aloha!
(and yes I am ready to go back and am already plotting my move!)
Oh Danna, that just looks like heaven. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii! It looks like you had a perfect trip. I grew up with my Aunt Judy telling us stories from when she lived there. She was baptized there and went to the temple there! She lived on Moloka'i but traveled all over the islands...My dream!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, everyone is fed and I'm back for one more look! I love your T! You and Dan look 19 years old in these pics!!! I love the little church. Now I want to go more than ever! xoxox
ReplyDeleteWe did get asked if we were newlywed on the beach that day! I laughed and said we were newlywed 15 years ago!! Ha ha
ReplyDelete