Thursday, April 18, 2013

Paradise Day 2 ~ Beach Hopping!



Friday in paradise we went strait from our pajamas to our bathing suits and stayed that way all day!!
We took our poi from the night before and our papaya and mango from the farmers market, grabbed some rice and headed to the beach for breakfast!

Seriously could it get any better! The sand here was crushed lava rock and sea shell bits.

We pretended to be kids in the tide pools and I got to show Dan a couple creatures we use to find at my grandma's beach growing up.

Mollusks in the lava rock grooves...

Sea slug...

Sea urchins.

So this was our first beach of the day!

We then went back to town and did some shopping at the farmers market, more fruit, kukui nut necklaces... Then we stopped by a local hamburger joint Dan loves and then headed north of town to another beach!

Our first try was closed but we scored on the second one!! 
 It was a little stormy but the onshore breeze kept it sunny on the beach!


We went out near the end of these rocks and got to see a sea turtle swimming around! Swimming with sea turtles!!!!


I picked up coral and some more tiny sea shells and found this funny seaweed. I called it grape seaweed!
One and a half more days worth of photos coming soon!
Aloha!

3 comments:

  1. I love how you're posting everything by doing it day by day. These pictures are so great. I love the colors. It really is paradise. Love you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could lay on the beach everyday for the rest of my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you chilling on the beach with your knitting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete