Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bollywood!




Yep that is right... Bollywood.




Dan and I have crossed over the line and have been thoroughly enjoying some great (and not so great) Bollywood films!




So I thought I'd share a couple with you in case you all need a new movie genre. The bonus, they are completely clean (they don't even kiss) and they are tons of fun!




The first is Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, this one was lots of fun! We laughed through it but it was also a really sweet love story!




The second I have to recommend is Aaja Nachle. We REALLY liked this one, there is always a bit of hokey in the Bollywood movies and the beginning of this one was really hokey but the rest makes up for it! Plus they tell the story of Layla and Majoon which is the eastern story that Romeo and Juliet came from. But it is a better story (and this from a gal who is a HUGE Shakespeare fan)!!




These are both on instant on Netflix! Happy dancing!

1 comment:

  1. This is an unexpected post!!!! I'll recommend another Indian movie, it's not a Bollywood movie but it's really good. It's called Monsoon Wedding, about a family planning one of those huge week-long weddings. They speak in English and Hindi and keep switching between the two so fast, so you definately need the subtitles. It's older. I saw it in France in a movie theatre there, so I had to contend with the frech subtitles. It was really good. Great music.

    ReplyDelete