So I'd just like to take you on a little tour today. This house we are renting is a little small for us, it's in a great location, there is inches of counter space in the kitchen, but the BEST part is this little room in the garage... It's my favorite room!

IT'S A FOOD STORAGE ROOM!!! Oh it is so LOVELY!!

Potatoes, squashes, grain and bean buckets, and those beautiful jars my Mom & Daddy fill with love for us!

Onions from the farmers market hanging, the dehydrator hanging out waiting to be loved, more potatoes!

This is the shelf we mostly filled up with our canning this year, apple sauce, apple butter, crab apple jelly, strawberry jelly, and ketchup on a lower shelf. Alot of our work is in the freezer, corn, bell peppers, strawberries, raspberries, zucchini, & elderberries (I think I'm forgetting something).

Mmmm, apricots & green tomatoes! Grandma spoils us from her garden, dilly beans, green beans, corn, tomatoes, jellies, cherries, apple juice, ortega chilies, pimentos, salsas, tomoillos, carrots, sour kraut, beets, beet jelly... I know there is more but it's 32 outside and I'm not going out to the garage to look and see! ;)

Mom even dried parsley, corn, & plabano chilies for us this year!
So there is your tour for the day, when someone asks if you went anywhere cool lately you can say, "I went to Danna's food storage room, and it was awesome!"!!!
blueberries and rasberries in the freezer. your making me hungry...
ReplyDeleteD
Definitely awesome! Thanks for sharing! Looks like you're prepared for a tasty winter.
ReplyDeleteAfter losing power for seven days, I need to rethink food storage, because pasta's no good if you can't boil water (or can't get water!). Love, Lisa
ReplyDelete